Join us for a 30 min multi-player playtest on Saturday, 26th of September, 2020
We’re running a public, open Alpha playtest of Age of Ascent (AoA) on the 26th of September at 1900 UTC. That’s 8pm in the UK, and 2pm Central US time.
The playtest will run for half an hour only.
To reserve your place ahead of time, sign your pilot up!
Please come back on the 26th to the Age of Ascent portal and you will be admitted to the playtest. You can add to Google Calendar or download .ics event if you want a calendar reminder.
We’re testing the PvP combat module again - but with the new technology base and our awesome new visual style! Everyone will be in the same ship loadout, and it’s everyone for themselves!
Other modules of the game such as trade and industry, mining and mission running will be in other playtests later this year.
After the playtest has finished, please do come back to this thread to give us your feedback and comments!
- We are only testing the PvP experience in this playtest, not the full game!
- You’ll get the best experience if you have equipment suitable for piloting (eg mouse and keyboard, or a gamepad controller - we do not currently support joysticks, but will in the future)
- You’ll need to be in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge web browsers on any OS of your choice
- For this test we’ve got the music soundtrack turned off by default
After the playtest has finished, please do come back to the forum thread about this playtest or comment below which is shared with the forum, to give us your feedback and comments!
NOTES FOR THIS PLAYTEST FOLLOW
In addition to the notes from the last playtest, this playtest has the following changes
The Gravidar radar is back! This is version one, and it will be further enhanced (visually and functionally) in the future. The “G” key on your keyboard cycles you through levels of zoom
- “A” and “D” strafe keys inverted when you were flying backwards; this has been fixed
- Speed perception has been enhanced in a variety of ways
- The flight control graphic now shows that the “Y” key inverts your pitch controls, the “G” key cycles your radar resolution through a 5-step zoom level, and the mousewheel can be used for thrust control
- We’re testing out a new weapon which has a much higher muzzle velocity than previous weapons, and a different visual style
We look forward to seeing you there!